PDA

View Full Version : New rear hitch and bumper

wyobulldog
09-27-2011, 01:20 PM
I finally got my hitch and bumper setup installed. I have been wanting to mount my generator to the back off the trailer but was worried about the bumper not being strong enough! So I cut the bumper and mounts off the frame then had my buddy fabricate a hitch that mounts to the frame. We added 3 receiver tubes so I can mount a large or small cargo rack anywhere I want or tow my atv's if need be. My buddy over engineers everything so I think the trailer will rip in half before the hitch ever breaks! I think it turned out great and looks like it came on there.

THedges
09-27-2011, 05:34 PM
That is sweet! Nice work!:thumbsup:

JRTJH
09-27-2011, 07:48 PM
Looks good. I'd have to say you now own a Springdale tank..... We installed a hitch on the back of our fifth wheel, I thought it was a "beefed up" assembly, but looking at yours, I'd have to surrender the strongest hitch award to you LOL

I'd bet your tongue weight just went down 100 lbs <G>

Nice job.

Grss
09-28-2011, 04:46 PM
Nice set up, I really like the 3 point design. :thumbsup:I would really like to know how it tows with an ATV on the back, I've been thinking about a similar idea, but too concerned about negative tongue weight.

wyobulldog
09-28-2011, 08:21 PM
Thanks guys! I am really happy with how it turned out. I am excited to see how it works and handles with the atv trailer back there. My atv trailer weighs about 450lbs empty and about 1500lbs loaded so we will see. Some test runs near the house are in order.