PDA

View Full Version : Norcold 2118 Polarmax Refrigerator Issues

Bporourke2
10-23-2019, 01:26 PM
Hey everyone,

I have a Norcold 2118 PolarMax fridge and today it threw a "L1" code, and then within a few minutes threw a "Lo DC" code. Now it is just completely dead.

Has anyone had this problem before?

TIA

K_N_L
10-23-2019, 02:45 PM
Whats is your current power situation? Do you have AC power to the camper, if so ensure that power selector button is set to either dual or AC. Lo DC should be a sign of a discharged battery or possible fuse issue to the unit. Which comes back to the first code, which if there was a overheat situation might have tripped a limit switch on the unit. That may be re-settable via removing the lower external vent area cover.

Bporourke2
10-23-2019, 03:13 PM
I have shore power and my batteries are charged to 13.2 v. I left a message with keystone and norcold so I will keep everyone updated.

xrated
10-23-2019, 03:32 PM
I have shore power and my batteries are charged to 13.2 v. I left a message with keystone and norcold so I will keep everyone updated.

More than likely, your battery voltage is not 13.2V.....you are reading the voltage being supplied to them from the Converter/Charger. Disconnect one of the battery leads, at the battery and take a voltage reading directly from the battery after disconnecting the lead from it...give it about 15 minutes from the time you disconnect the lead until you take a reading directly off of the battery. A fully charged FLA battery should be reading about 12.8 - 12.9 volts.

Frank G
10-23-2019, 04:57 PM
Not knowing you or your skill level, one of the tools you need is a simple volt meter, you can get one at Harbor Freight for way under $20.00. You need to find out if the refrigerator is getting 12V power, it needs 12V power to operate in any mode. At this point it will direct you in the right trouble shooting direction, no or low voltage indicates a battery or related issues, 12V at the refrigerator, a refrigerator issue. As previously stated there is a terminal block in the rear under the lower access panel. There will be 2 wires entering this space Red/White. Don't confuse them with the 115 VAC which has a standard plug and plugged into a outlet in this space. The 115VAC is only used to energize the electric heater.

Archergodwin
10-24-2019, 05:07 AM
You lost a/c power, (L1 error) and it's also telling you your 12vdc is not up to snuff.

Check the breakers in your power panel, to see if you tripped one. I've seen the L1 on mine a few times, and it's due to a tripped breaker for the outlet string the mfg put the fridge on.