PDA

View Full Version : Awning adjustment

Halcyon
10-22-2019, 11:04 AM
We have a 2017 Keystone Sprinter 29wfrls. It has a large awning that goes out, quite a ways, but not down enough to give us shade. We have seen other trailers with “adjustable” awnings. Can I adjust this awning to increase the downward angle?

Jim deKieffer
Halcyon Shetland Sheepdogs

JRTJH
10-22-2019, 11:38 AM
There should be two "large knurled screw knobs" one on each awning arm. You can loosen the knobs, pull the awning down on each side and tighten the knobs to hold it in the lower position. If you do that, remember to loosen the arms before retracting the awning as it will "twist the arms" (or possibly bend them) if left "tightened in the lower position and retracted...

Halcyon
10-22-2019, 12:10 PM
I guess I just never really looked at the arms before. Here is all I have to do:
I took a picture but I don’t know how to get it on here. Anyway, all I have to do is pull on one of the hinges and it goes down. And, I don’t have to put it back like it was, according to the instructions on the arm. Thanks for giving me the impetus to look at the awning.

Jim deKieffer

chuckster57
10-22-2019, 12:13 PM
Ah yes!! There are two different styles of arms for electric awnings. Like you said you DONT put the joint back straight when you retract. Over time that Allen bolt will loosen up and the arm won’t hold its position. Just tighten and your good for a while.

Halcyon
10-22-2019, 12:26 PM
Ah yes!! There are two different styles of arms for electric awnings. Like you said you DONT put the joint back straight when you retract. Over time that Allen bolt will loosen up and the arm won’t hold its position. Just tighten and your good for a while.
Yes, and it tightens with an Allen key.