PDA

View Full Version : Electric bed system

karensflowers
10-21-2019, 09:37 AM
EMERGENCY! We are vacationing in an RV park now.* When sofas are down, the electric bed is either up on the ceiling preventing any air conditioning getting into the RV garage or halfway down and then there is no head room to sit comfortably on the sofas to dine or play cards.* *How do we enable the electric bed to only come further down?* Come down from the ceiling maybe 2'?* It is 100° in the garage and the air conditioner on on full capacity.**

Any help would.be appreciated. 😊

JRTJH
10-21-2019, 09:55 AM
Adjusting the stops is the "end fix" for your beds. In the meantime, can you simply remove the mattress from the top bunk and allow for more space for airflow ??? That will get you through this trip and once you're back home you can devise a means to adjust/calibrate/fix the problem properly...

xrated
10-21-2019, 12:04 PM
I have also seen, many times, where people that are experiencing the same issue have drilled another set of holes in the rails. Four holes are required (one set of holes in each rail). You can experiment first to find the height that you want....1'...1 1/2', whatever, then run the bed down to that point and carefully drill new holes just large enough for the pins to fit into. John's advice about removing the thin "mattress" for this trip will get you some air movement, but the method I mentioned above will make it work every time you are in that situation.

Roadmaster
10-24-2019, 11:32 AM
I put a new set of holes below so that the bed was lower on our 2017. The 2020 Raptor we have now has a different kind of air conditioner and works great with the bed all the way up.

K_N_L
10-26-2019, 05:10 AM
We also drilled holes about a foot lower to allow the air to flow and still sit and use the couches. With the mattress, a foam topper and covers it was blocking everything.

AbHDToyHauler
10-28-2019, 11:57 AM
Ditto. Drill extra holes farther down. We take that bed out most of time and leave stored at home. Unless we know we will need (almost never).