PDA

View Full Version : Flojet Water Pump: Cracked Pressure Switch

DiGiTaL D
10-15-2019, 03:07 PM
While eliminating what I hope is my last water system leak for a long time, I determined the pressure switch on the head of my Flojet model 03526144 has a crack in it (picture attached).

I totally disassembled the rest of the pump head and everything else looks solid. I can't find a place that water is supposed to get through the membrane separating the interior of the pump head from the button on the inside of the pressure switch itself, and there does not appear to be any seal or gasket on the interior of the switch around the button.

My question is should there ever be water up to the switch button itself, or is it supposed to be held back by the black membrane? If so, could the crack in the switch have caused enough separation between the switch body and the pump head to allow water around the membrane? I don't really want to have to replace the entire pump if all I really need is a switch assembly and membrane.

JRTJH
10-15-2019, 03:27 PM
There should not be water in the pressure switch. Whether there's damage in the pump head housing, a bad membrane, a "manufacturing issue", or possibly freeze damage from incorrect winterization of the pump ???? It's anybody's best guess.

The pump is warrantied by FloJet for (I believe) 2 years, so if your trailer was bought new and less than 2 years ago, you might contact FloJet and discuss a warranty replacement. If it's not in warranty, you can buy a pump head/pressure switch assembly for around $50. If you buy the pump head and (who really knows at this point) if the pump motor may also have had some leakage into it, then it's possible that replacing the pump head/pressure switch might result in the need to "then replace the motor"...

That said, a new pump at Amazon is only $54, so it seems "counterproductive" to not just buy a complete new pump assembly and do the "plug and play replacement".... https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002P33KVQ/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

sourdough
10-15-2019, 04:26 PM
^^^^^What he said!!

LisaKarre
04-15-2023, 03:01 PM
There should not be water in the pressure switch. Whether there's damage in the pump head housing, a bad membrane, a "manufacturing issue", or possibly freeze damage from incorrect winterization of the pump ???? It's anybody's best guess.

The pump is warrantied by FloJet for (I believe) 2 years, so if your trailer was bought new and less than 2 years ago, you might contact FloJet and discuss a warranty replacement. If it's not in warranty, you can buy a pump head/pressure switch assembly for around $50. If you buy the pump head and (who really knows at this point) if the pump motor may also have had some leakage into it, then it's possible that replacing the pump head/pressure switch might result in the need to "then replace the motor"...

That said, a new pump at Amazon is only $54, so it seems "counterproductive" to not just buy a complete new pump assembly and do the "plug and play replacement".... https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002P33KVQ/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Do you have any tips on how to access the water pump to replace it? The only access I see is under the bed and it’s really difficult to get in the small space there.

JRTJH
04-15-2023, 08:19 PM
Do you have any tips on how to access the water pump to replace it? The only access I see is under the bed and it’s really difficult to get in the small space there.

Your floorplan, I believe, has a closet on each side of the bed ??? If so, there may be a false bottom in the closet that you can remove to get to the pump...

OR, you might want to take everything out of the passthrough on that side of the trailer and check the passthrough rear wall. There may be a panel screwed to the rear wall, held in place with 4 screws. Remove the screws, slide the panel away from the wall and the water pump is right there and easy to get to....

LisaKarre
04-16-2023, 06:16 AM
Thank you! Yes you are correct about the floor plan. We tried the passthrough and there was no access but we ended up removing the bedside table and now the rest of the job of replacing the water pump is easy peasy :-)
We definitely appreciate your response. We were just so concerned about removing the bedside table but it was quite easy.