PDA

View Full Version : indoor light removal

shellyw
10-14-2019, 10:21 AM
I was hoping someone could tell me how to remove this light fixture so i can change the bulb! i haven't been able to turn it, slide it, or find a notch to stick a screwdriver in it to pry it off. this should be more simple than it is! help anyone?

wiredgeorge
10-14-2019, 10:28 AM
The lens parts slide outward. They are in short tracks with retention fingers in the tracks/slots. These things are often sticky. You may have to put a flat butter knife between the center of the fixture and the lens and twist so the lens moves outward.

GHen
10-14-2019, 05:26 PM
If you look carefully at the photo, there are 4-6 short, 1/4” shadows on the lenses edge. Those are the attachment points, use the butter knife or thin screwdriver near the shadows to pop them loose.

bobbecky
10-14-2019, 08:15 PM
If you happen to break the fixture, don't panic, new ones are not usually that expensive. Also, if this fixture has had standard incandescent bulbs and has been used a lot, it is very probable that the bulb sockets are burnt. I had to replace one fixture due to this, above the stove, and after that, replaced all the inside bulbs with LED's, which run much cooler. This is one fixture that is available, but there are many that look very similar to the one you have. https://www.dyersonline.com/arcon-euro-style-dimmable-led-double-light-w-clear-lens.html