PDA

View Full Version : Wife warming up to the RV

Brantlyj
10-12-2019, 12:48 PM
So my wife who is defiantly not a camper and took at least 10 years and our girls working on her to finally let us get a camper is finally coming around.

At the KOA and our neighbor has on of theses stickers and she saw the floor mat in the camp store and proclaimed that we absolutely must have them!

sourdough
10-12-2019, 02:16 PM
Congratulations! I'm betting from here on out it just gets better and better. My DW was not into RVs; she loved camping out in tents and no more than the pop up - an RV "lost" the camping experience. It was that way with all of our trailers until this one - the biggest and with multiple slides. Still not an "avid" RVer but she likes it TONS more than she used to and actually gets into it now. Of course, age, pins in her legs etc. along with a nice cushy homelike mattress does help. :D

Brantlyj
10-12-2019, 03:08 PM
Congratulations! I'm betting from here on out it just gets better and better. My DW was not into RVs; she loved camping out in tents and no more than the pop up - an RV "lost" the camping experience. It was that way with all of our trailers until this one - the biggest and with multiple slides. Still not an "avid" RVer but she likes it TONS more than she used to and actually gets into it now. Of course, age, pins in her legs etc. along with a nice cushy homelike mattress does help. :D

Yea, my wife’s idea of camping was a Hilton. Only time I got her in a tent was when we did a two week tour around Lake Superior. It probably helped that the first night in Duluth I booked a B&B and put a rock on her finger. :D

Gegrad
10-12-2019, 05:55 PM
Glad to hear she if finally coming around!

KCSA75
10-13-2019, 07:15 AM
Yea, my wife’s idea of camping was a Hilton. Only time I got her in a tent was when we did a two week tour around Lake Superior. It probably helped that the first night in Duluth I booked a B&B and put a rock on her finger. :D

My DW was fine with any camping I wanted to do before we got married, but once we were married she put her foot down. A short time later we bought a pop-up. Then a about three years after that, she decided she wanted a bathroom and now we have the Cougar.

chuckster57
10-13-2019, 07:29 AM
Congrats!! I had my first 5er when we met so it wasn't hard to convince her. She got to pick the second one when the first one was lost to a flood. I got to pick the 3rd one, and now we BOTH picked the current and probably last one.