PDA

View Full Version : Control panel light switches

Love2rv
10-10-2019, 04:17 PM
I changed a light bulb above the sink, and as I was doing so the second light above the sink went out. Now all the lights that are controlled at the control panel don’t work.( flood, step, porch, sink, and 3 lights in the ceiling.
The fuses in the panel are all good.
Just wondering if there are more fuses somewhere else.

2014 cougar xlite

wiredgeorge
10-10-2019, 06:10 PM
I changed a light bulb above the sink, and as I was doing so the second light above the sink went out. Now all the lights that are controlled at the control panel don’t work.( flood, step, porch, sink, and 3 lights in the ceiling.
The fuses in the panel are all good.
Just wondering if there are more fuses somewhere else.

2014 cougar xlite

Sounds like 12V lights are out. How did you check the fuses? Visually or test with a multimeter?

Love2rv
10-10-2019, 06:23 PM
Just visual

chuckster57
10-10-2019, 06:29 PM
What # bulb did you use?

Customer1
10-10-2019, 07:24 PM
Just visual

That is not how to test fuses. Either replace with a known good fuse or test with a meter on the ohm setting.

bobbecky
10-11-2019, 05:40 PM
You can test the fuses while they are installed using a voltmeter. With the negative probe grounded, use the positive probe to touch the contacts in each fuse. There are small holes in the top of the blade fuses that are on each side of where the fuse will burn apart. If a fuse is good, you will get power on both sides, and if bad, only one side will be hot because the fuse has burned apart. You can also use one of those DC testers that have one lead with an alligator clip and has a sharp probe at one end and a small bulb at the other.