PDA

View Full Version : Have a question on camper.

DDG
10-09-2019, 06:09 PM
I just got the camper ready for storage. I blew out the water lines with air and put RV antifreeze in the lines thru the pump. I went to released the pressure in the city water hook up and nothing came out. Today I when into the camper to open the kitchen and bath faucets and it started to drain the antifreeze with a steady stream, the pump is shut off so why would I get a stream flowing out of the kitchen and bath faucets. Camper is a 2017 Cougar 28rks fifth wheel. Thanks for any help. DDG

chuckster57
10-09-2019, 07:10 PM
Where did you connect the air? It does seem odd if you used the water pump to run antifreeze through the lines and had no pressure at the city water port...unless you have a valve you flip for city water/fresh fill. You may have had that valve in fresh fill when you pressed the plunger and that would explain no pressure I think. Just so it clear, I am the process of winterizing my body at the moment so I might not have any idea what I’m talking about. LOL

Northofu1
10-10-2019, 01:48 AM
tsk tsk drinking and answering technical questions. I hope you weren't driving while you answered this question.
Where's a cop when you need one? :P

DDG
10-10-2019, 02:46 AM
Thanks for the help. I think your right I did have it in the fill tank. I just went out and flip to city water and push the pressure valve and it gurgle is that what it should do not a lot of pressure. Thanks DDG

chuckster57
10-10-2019, 03:39 AM
Depending on how long you ran the faucets, there may be very little pressure left in the system.

DDG
10-11-2019, 05:17 AM
Chuckster57 thank you and the forum members for all the help on question that are asked by other RV'ers. Thanks DDG