PDA

View Full Version : Winter storage, television or no television

NH_Bulldog
10-09-2019, 01:41 PM
Getting ready to pack it up for the winter and was wondering what people thought about leaving the flat screen tv in the camper for the winter. We are in New Hampshire so it gets pretty cold. I don’t see an issue but was curious if there were any compelling arguments for taking it out and storing in the house?

sourdough
10-09-2019, 03:21 PM
I'm sure others will chime in but I would think I would leave it in. Do all the
RV dealers in NH take all the TVs out of the RVs on the lots for winter? I wouldn't think so.

Customer1
10-09-2019, 05:12 PM
I've had many RVs with many televisions, leave it in.

busterbrown
10-09-2019, 10:37 PM
We have the original TV in our coach with 2 additional retail brands purchased for the bunkhouse and bedroom. All three TVs have gone through 3 Michigan winters unscathed. Personally, I think there's a bigger risk of dropping them during the process of removal.

Northofu1
10-10-2019, 01:40 AM
I take mine out, only because it's my winter bedroom tv.

flybouy
10-10-2019, 05:42 AM
As far as the electronic are concerned no need to remove. You don't remove the electronics' from your truck do you? When the TV's leave China the containers they are are shipped in are not "climate controlled", neither are the trains that take them to the warehouses or the trucks that deliver them to the retailers or RV manufacturers.

JRTJH
10-10-2019, 06:17 AM
Our trailer is stored in an unheated pole barn in northern Michigan. The TV has been mounted on the wall since we bought the trailer in 2013. It has survived -30 F temperatures with no problems. The one caution I'd advise is: DO NOT TURN ON THE TV WHEN COLD. Allow it to warm up to "comfortable indoor living temperatures before even plugging it in. It's the rapid change in temperatures with power applied that cause damage, not cold storage temperatures.