PDA

View Full Version : TV Mounting Bracket

tmitteer
10-06-2019, 03:58 PM
I am trying to put a TV mount outside my Bullet trailer. I purchased a mount that has an extra bracket for a second location. There were stickers placed both in the bedroom and outside the trailer. I found when mounting the inside bracket that the stickers were not placed exactly correct. I was able to use a nail and feel around to find a stud inside. The issue is I don't really want to poke and hope on the exterior. Wondering if anyone has any information on the outside mounting, is there a plate behind this sticker, metal studs, or something else. I have contacted manufacturer who tells me best option is to take to a dealership. This seems silly for 2 screws.

08quadram
10-06-2019, 04:47 PM
That is the $64 question. I know the sticker in the bedroom of my Bullet was accurate, but who knows about the exterior. I will never put a tv on the outside, but the DW thinks I should leave the sticker. It drives me nuts.

chuckster57
10-06-2019, 04:56 PM
JMO, I wouldn’t mount a bracket on the exterior. Most likely there is a piece of wood sandwiched during the bonding process. A stud finder may work, but you only need to miss once to have a hole that can be a mess.

I wonder if the old trick would work in this case. If you look at the exterior of a trailer in a brisk morning, you can see all the outlines of the framing in the moisture, may be worth a try. I don’t really care for neighbors that force me to listen to their choice of show or movie.

flybouy
10-07-2019, 05:16 AM
JMO, I wouldn’t mount a bracket on the exterior. Most likely there is a piece of wood sandwiched during the bonding process. A stud finder may work, but you only need to miss once to have a hole that can be a mess.

I wonder if the old trick would work in this case. If you look at the exterior of a trailer in a brisk morning, you can see all the outlines of the framing in the moisture, may be worth a try. I don’t really care for neighbors that force me to listen to their choice of show or movie.

What irritates me more than a movie or TV show is when you get a group watching a sporting event drinking, cursing, yelling. If I want that atmosphere I'll go to a sports bar AND leave the children/grandchildren at home.
JMHO