PDA

View Full Version : Cougar 30RLS Actual Height?

Fisherdrew
10-06-2019, 02:54 PM
I am looking for actual height for the 2020 Cougar 30rls at or near level. I am on the brink of purchasing and my shop has an opening of 12'5" and it seems as if the antenna is above the spec sheet height of 11'9". If I am wrong and the advertised height is the actual height I will be happy and purchasing soon. Thank you for your help.

GeekSquadOfUn
10-07-2019, 01:57 AM
This is obviously important info for you.

I would recommend you, or someone you know and trust, go to your dealer and measure.

Don't rely on a post here....

travelin texans
10-07-2019, 07:23 AM
It will also depend on the tow vehicle, whether the RV is nose high when hooked up. So any guessing from us on here means absolutely nothing for an accurate measurement. Too many variables!!! Don't count on any info from the spec sheet to be accurate as to height or weight or any info that may be of real importance to you.

JRTJH
10-07-2019, 08:59 AM
^^^ What Danny said. If you're towing with a truck that puts the king pin height at 48" above the ground vs a truck that puts the king pin height at 58" above the ground will mean a 10" difference in "trailer height over the king pin". Assuming (I know, I know) that the trailer's highest point is over the king pin, then that's a significant difference in "maximum height" based on tow vehicle rather than a "Keystone brochure spec" or "some other owner who's towing with a "king pin height of 50".....

In other words, as Danny said, every rig, when ready to tow, will have a ride height that's specific to that truck/hitch/trailer combination and even two identical truck/trailer combinations may have significantly different "maximum trailer height" based on the hitch height (as adjusted by the owner).....