PDA

View Full Version : Texas - Marble Falls/Lake LBJ/Inks Lake area

KanTC
09-24-2011, 08:16 PM
We'll be in Fredricksburg during Oktoberfest, and then DH would like to spend
several days fishing. As neighbors to TX, we're aware of the lower lake levels
& on previous trips have camped at Lake Buchanan/Burnet & Inks Lake SP.

Anyone have a favorite campground (or RV Park) in/around the Marble Falls or Lake LBJ area?

We're open to other suggestions... if anyone knows where the fish are biting?! :rofl:

Thanks in advance. (PS... taking his 8 ft Pelican boat too) ;)

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot & DH Kevin :)

Jay Pat
09-26-2011, 08:43 AM
While you are in Fredericksburg, consider RockBox Theatre (Google). This is a unique show that centers around rocknroll with a little comedy. 4 shows each weekend, shows change every week. Similar to Branson! Just a lot closer and probably a lot less $$$. My wife & I try to go about once a month.

I have stayed at Inks Lake SP and highly recommend it as Inks lake is a constant level lake. We plan to go back when the temps cool down a bit.

Pat

KanTC
09-27-2011, 06:52 AM
Thank you Pat -- we appreciate the suggestion for RockBox Theater. It's on our list of *things to do*. We like Inks Lake SP & that's
probably where we'll go... also (most likely) the better choice for puttering around in a small boat. ;)

Thanks again,
Terri, the Chevy co-pilot & DH Kevin :)

Bob Landry
09-27-2011, 01:15 PM
There is a State Park at both Inks Lake and Lake LBJ, however I don't know what the reservation situation is. You can find that online at http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/.

The advantage to the Texas Parks is that you don't have to have a fishing license to fish within the park boundaries.