PDA

View Full Version : Travel resorts of America

mosey
09-24-2011, 06:30 PM
Is anyone in the forum a member of Travel resorts of America and how do you like it?

DTJ9610
09-26-2011, 05:27 AM
We are members of AOR (Adventure Outdoor Resorts) and ROD (Resorts of Distinction) through our home resort in Lewiston, NY. It's like a timeshare for campers. This is our first year and have enjoyed it. We used the membership to go down to Gettysburg Battlefield Resort and didn't pay a thing to stay because of the membership. So far we feel as though it was a good investment.

shilohjerry
10-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Is anyone in the forum a member of Travel resorts of America and how do you like it?

Yes, I'm a member. Biggest mistake I ever made. Paid big bucks to join and pay almost $400 annual maintenance costs. They are reorganizing and kind of tricked wife and I to go to a hotel to have "membership photo cards" photographed. It was a sales pitch for their restructuring.

Since we already are members we could join the "restructured" Travel Resorts for anywhere from approximately $4,000 to $12,000 more. That lower figure was to re-up at the hotel. By the way, the photos were taken with what appeared to be a $29 digital camera hand-held in front of a sheet. Oh, and the only way out of the membership is if both spouses DIE.

It is increasingly difficult to get a reservation, and the Gettysburg Resort has had problems providing adequate electricity.

mhs4771
10-09-2011, 06:05 PM
If it like a TimeShare, it doesn't end with your death, it gets passed on to your Kids. We got involved with a TimeShare and had to pay pretty big bucks to get out of it. We have joined PassPort America, but it's an annual renewal. We recouped our cost after the first couple of stays.