PDA

View Full Version : Winterizing

Cferg
10-02-2019, 03:43 PM
Have a keystone passport 2820bh, this is the first time I will be winterizing it and am looking for some help! Where is the water heater bypass located? Any other tips / suggestions would be appreciated! I have winterized a previous travel trailer with no issue using compressed air and rv antifreeze combination so not new to the process. However this unit is larger and has more tanks
Thank you

tech740
10-02-2019, 04:16 PM
Should be the same as the other units you have done. My guess for the bypass is it would be located behind an interior panel at the back of your water heater. Usually you need to remove 2 screws to access the are and there are 3 valves to manipulate or just one depending on the set up. If you have questions after locating the back of the water heater take a pic and post that and we should be able to help with the valve orientation.

busterbrown
10-02-2019, 04:23 PM
Hot water bypass valve(s) should be located in close proximity to the hot water tank. In the case of this Passports floorplan, there should be a removable panel in the cabinet below the kitchen sink. The HWT could very well not be behind any panel. Most likely it is.

With most modern coaches, there will be 3 way valve on the inlet cold water line and a check valve on the outflow line. Turn the 3 way to the bypass position before starting the winterization process.