PDA

View Full Version : Winterize water filter and ice maker

tech740
10-02-2019, 03:38 PM
I have the camco evo water filter. I was told there is a cap to replace the filter housing so that it can be winterized without wasting a quart of antifreeze, does anyone have or know where to get one. I googled it and no luck. Also, I have the LG residential fridge with the icemaker in the freezer, LG had no info on how to winterize it other than to keep it above freezing. My dealer and even the RV manufacturer didn't have any good info either. Anyone know how to winterize the ice maker? Not sure if I can just turn it on while the pump is in the jug and let it fill with antifreeze?

Thanks

Old Mustanger
10-02-2019, 07:28 PM
You don't want to run antifreeze through the ice maker. You need to get any water out of it, then find the shut off valve in the line feeding it before you run antifreeze thru the lines.

tech740
10-02-2019, 07:40 PM
You don't want to run antifreeze through the ice maker. You need to get any water out of it, then find the shut off valve in the line feeding it before you run antifreeze thru the lines.

Why is that?

JRTJH
10-02-2019, 09:13 PM
RV antifreeze is corrosive to the lining in the water heater and to the metal components in the ice maker.

tech740
10-02-2019, 10:05 PM
RV antifreeze is corrosive to the lining in the water heater and to the metal components in the ice maker.

Okay thanks. I knew it was bad for the water heater wasn't aware it was bad for the ice maker.