PDA

View Full Version : temp of fridge? Heat smell

JohnMpcny
09-30-2019, 05:20 AM
My son says the fridge is not really cold. So he put 1/2 gallon of Chocolate milk (glass) in the freezer, yep it burst. (campsite 30amp hook up)

I checked does not seem warm to me. Its a 2012 anyone ever get a recharge. Looks like a simple slide near rt side to set the fridge temp not a dial or other setting.

Wife is pissed cleaning it now, Son is 23 but a bone head at times.

2nd turned on the heat for first time this fall, smells like maybe a mouse was in the vents. Should I undo the vents and vacuum out. After a hr the smell was pretty much is gone.

2012 Springdale 29

notanlines
09-30-2019, 06:41 AM
John, "Wife is pissed cleaning it now, Son is 23 but a bone head at times." Maybe this is why he's the bonehead. Why's she cleaning his mess?

JohnMpcny
09-30-2019, 06:55 AM
He left for work and she is OCD can't let it go to tonight. We had a milk spill once in the van could never get the smell out, we traded it.

He is no longer is getting the camper to use...well to she settles down.

flybouy
09-30-2019, 07:40 AM
If he's off to work then I'd charge him a "cleaning fee" when he returns but that's me. How you raise your offspring is up to you.
Now to your questions,
I'll bet a thermometer for the fridge would cost less than the chocolate milk and a lot less stressful. I don't know of anyone that recharge them, just replace.
A smell of dust burning the first time the furnace is run for the season is normal, so what you are smelling is subjective, have you used the furnace in the past?

JohnMpcny
09-30-2019, 07:53 AM
We just got it as our 79 airstream land yacht was hit in a DUI and total loss. We downgraded but up graded in the year. <GG>

I like the new modern features but the airstream was sweet and drew a crowd.

Roscommon48
09-30-2019, 08:20 AM
no to the orginial question...no recharge.

refrig temp will probably be in the 30s. per norcold: 'When operating as designed, the freezer should be around zero and the fridge 33-38 degrees.'

If son doesn't like the temp tell not to put stuff in it.

hankpage
09-30-2019, 09:29 AM
I have never heard of an ammonia system being recharged. My son would have received a text at work to stop and pick up a cooler and ice for anything he wanted to be kept cold. Then again, my son's choice of beverage would have been in a brown bottle :o "Like father, like son."

Try running the fridge on gas ... much more efficient and uses very little propane. JM2¢, Hank :party: