PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with this picture?

busterbrown
09-29-2019, 05:20 PM

Found this a bit amusing earlier today when I dropped off my trailer at the storage yard. Owners of this Tracer Air were unhitching it. They left about 2 minutes after getting my rig in place. I just happened to look up at their trailer and noticed a front clearance light cap missing. Thought nothing of it except for the fact that the skies were about ready to open up and drop a significant amount of rain.

Several minutes later, the owner's truck reappears and the he exits as if he forgot something. I kindly walk over and tell him that I noticed his lens cap missing. His response: "I know, lost it a while back and I was meaning to replace it". Told him I had some Gorilla tape and a ladder in my trailer if he wanted to use them to make a temporsry cover for it. He declined my offer and said he'd come back later. Explained to him that if water penetrates the opening in the front panel, expect a serious amount of destruction to the fiberglass backing and delamination. He reiterated he'd be back later for a quick cap fix. As we pulled out of the lot 10 minutes later, the torrential rains began.

All I have to say is, god bless the soul of the individual that buys that unit in the near future.

travelin texans
09-29-2019, 08:16 PM

Found this a bit amusing earlier today when I dropped off my trailer at the storage yard. Owners of this Tracer Air were unhitching it. They left about 2 minutes after getting my rig in place. I just happened to look up at their trailer and noticed a front clearance light cap missing. Thought nothing of it except for the fact that the skies were about ready to open up and drop a significant amount of rain.

Several minutes later, the owner's truck reappears and the he exits as if he forgot something. I kindly walk over and tell him that I noticed his lens cap missing. His response: "I know, lost it a while back and I was meaning to replace it". Told him I had some Gorilla tape and a ladder in my trailer if he wanted to use them to make a temporsry cover for it. He declined my offer and said he'd come back later. Explained to him that if water penetrates the opening in the front panel, expect a serious amount of destruction to the fiberglass backing and delamination. He reiterated he'd be back later for a quick cap. As we pulled out of the lot 10 minutes later, the torrential rains began.

All I have to say is, god bless the soul of the individual that buys that unit in the near future.

He'll be on here in a few months badmouthing Keystone for their crappy QC when the front delaminates.

rjniles
09-30-2019, 04:12 AM
I removed all my exterior lights, caulked the wire penetrations and reinstalled lights. Frankly it is pretty chump not to have been done at the factory.

hankpage
09-30-2019, 09:43 AM
He'll be on here in a few months badmouthing Keystone for their crappy QC when the front delaminates.

Prime Time is made by Forest River so I doubt we will see him here ... but you never know.

Canonman
09-30-2019, 10:36 AM
He probably bought the "Optional" Self Sealing Package:)

travelin texans
09-30-2019, 02:13 PM
Prime Time is made by Forest River so I doubt we will see him here ... but you never know.

So replace "here" with "there" & swap "Forest River" in place of "Keystone", now it applies to wherever he bitches about QC!

busterbrown
09-30-2019, 02:36 PM
I removed all my exterior lights, caulked the wire penetrations and reinstalled lights. Frankly it is pretty chump not to have been done at the factory.

That's actually a good idea. Something I'll probably do.

German Shepherd Guy
09-30-2019, 04:17 PM
" Told him I had some Gorilla tape and a ladder in my trailer if he wanted to use them to make a temporsry cover for it. He declined my offer and said he'd come back later. Explained to him that if water penetrates the opening in the front panel, expect a serious amount of destruction to the fiberglass backing and delamination. He reiterated he'd be back later for a quick cap fix. As we pulled out of the lot 10 minutes later, the torrential rains began."

No good deed goes unpunished.