PDA

View Full Version : I may be old but I'm new to this

Garla
09-29-2019, 02:09 PM
My husband and I bought a new to us 2006 Springdale. It's in really great shape and little to no repairs needed. Traded for a 1978 Chris Craft Cabin Cruiser boat.
We are both retired and love to travel. Live in Tennessee but we are transplants from Arkansas & California.

Laredo Tugger
09-29-2019, 03:23 PM
Welcome to the forum and to the RV adventure. You traded up in my opinion. I had a boat for awhile. Like they say "greatest day of my life when I got my boat,second greatest day when I sold it" or something like that.
Anyway enjoy your trailer, and safe travels.
RMc

wiredgeorge
09-29-2019, 03:54 PM
2006 camper? Little to no repairs needed? Been under the sinks or on the roof? What does the roof sealant look like? I own a 2002 and my trailer NOW needs little or no repairs as I spent some time fixing most everything already. Good luck but check those wheel bearings, tire date codes and suspension condition and of course, the brakes. Plumbing fittings generally need snugged up as well. Trailer might be in great shape but one year of a trailer's life is kind of like 7 years of a dog's life. Your trailer will let you know in unexpected ways.

Garla
09-29-2019, 04:35 PM
Thank you....and ur correct! Lol! You know the acronym for BOAT ....Bust Out Another Thousand!! We are planning our 1st trip. Probably not too far from home but want to travel out west once we get our "RV legs"!

Garla
09-29-2019, 04:40 PM
The lady we bought it from spent over 2k doing just that. New fittings, new faucets, toilets, new Blackwater's holding tank, etc. We have the re eipt from the RV repair place. Roof is sealed and looks good. Thanks for the reminders on the other things. We are learning and would love to find a place to get operators manuals on the appliances, furnace, etc.

notanlines
09-29-2019, 04:59 PM
Garla, all the manuals will be available online. Google is your friend. What’s the build date on the tires, and what brand?

wiredgeorge
09-30-2019, 04:06 PM
The lady we bought it from spent over 2k doing just that. New fittings, new faucets, toilets, new Blackwater's holding tank, etc. We have the re eipt from the RV repair place. Roof is sealed and looks good. Thanks for the reminders on the other things. We are learning and would love to find a place to get operators manuals on the appliances, furnace, etc.

The manuals for the RV from Keystone were written so as to cover every model ever made and thus don't say much useful. A lot of warnings, etc. You should be able to figure out which model refrigerator you have; look at youtube for proper operation. For your water heater, figure out which manufacturer and which model. You should be able to use google and find the appropriate model. You likely have a Suburban and there are a bunch of threads on this forum detailing lots of the issues and features associated. Make sure you also google the propane tank regulator gizmo operation; it isn't intuitively obvious. John posted a good explanation awhile back on how to use the regulator and how to check for empty/full tanks, etc. Read up on black tank cleaning and look at the opinions expressed on this forum regarding sewer hose hook up and using your tank valves. The manuals cover little of these important subjects.