PDA

View Full Version : First Timer RV

OldDog
09-27-2019, 01:52 PM
My wife and I first timers to the RV world and both a little long in the tooth. We went with the 2019 Hideout 20LHS because because we needed to buy both a pickup and an RV so were very budget conscious. We bought a used Silverado 1500 with the tow package (including trailer break) and the 2019 Hideout. The 2020 had some technology upgrades I really liked but not worth the extra money at this point. We are staying local for now until we sure we have the hang of things. Tomorrow will be our first trip to a full hookup site. We do like boondocking so our initial investments will focus on batteries an probably solar chargers. I like to do as much of my own maintenance as possible so will probably use the forum a lot for that kind of information.

busterbrown
09-27-2019, 01:59 PM
Congrats to you and your wife on your first RV. Welcome to forum. Tons of experience and expertise on the site to help guide you along the way (if and when you need it). Staying local for your first few trips is a good idea. If you need something that you didn't bring, it's only a quick trip back to the house.

Again, welcome and happy trails.

Gegrad
09-27-2019, 04:48 PM
Welcome and enjoy the new rig!

5J's
09-28-2019, 07:26 PM
Welcome to the forum from SE Texas.