PDA

View Full Version : New member from central Oregon

silverZ
09-27-2019, 06:08 AM
Good morning,
I am new to the forum. My wife and I bought a Cougar 27RLS fifth wheel a little more than a year ago. This forum has already been helpful and I look forward to finding and sharing useful information on it.
The Cougar isn’t our first RV but it is our first fifth wheel and the first time we purchased a new model. We started pulling it with our 2007 Tundra and that worked but it just didn’t seem like enough so we picked up a 2016 Ram 2500. I am happy with that so far.
Z

jsb5717
09-27-2019, 06:18 AM
Welcome aboard, fellow Oregonian! Good choice on the truck. You should be happy with the combo.

DocWMB
09-27-2019, 09:04 AM
:wlcm: from another Oregonian. Sounds like our 5er is a bit bigger than yours, but I think you'll like the Ram 2500 for pulling. We spend some time over in Lapine at the Cascade Meadows Resort just to the north. Maybe see you over there sometime.

busterbrown
09-27-2019, 09:39 AM
Welcome to forum. Hope you're enjoying your Cougar. Good call all the upgraded truck.

Shasta Bob
09-27-2019, 10:20 AM
Welcome from Southern Oregon, this is the place for a lot of views and great help.

5J's
09-28-2019, 07:25 PM
Welcome to the forum from SE Texas. As you know this is a great place for helpful information. Feel free to jump in and share your experiences to help others out.

Fishsizzle
09-29-2019, 06:19 AM
Welcome!

Lapine was home growing up! Very fond memories of the harvest hut and the Highway Center

The campground there st Paulina lake rd used to be the rodeo grounds were we rode steers and raced our horses around.

Keep the secret spots secret, many happy travels

Miloski
09-30-2019, 01:20 AM
Welcome!
Just got back from La Pine. We stayed at the State Park and visited Fort Rock and the Crack In The Ground. Wow, what a wash-boarded road. Can't believe how much it's grown. Don't let it get ruined like Bend. But, love the area.
Took my wife's parent to Crater Lake, their in there 80's and though it would be their last chance to see it again. Never get tired of looking at its beauty.
Camp on!!

silverZ
10-01-2019, 05:44 AM
Thank you for your replies. We have enjoyed our RV when we were able to but I think it’s been in the shop for warranty repairs more than out on the road. It’s been more than a year and we still have one more issue to resolve. I think once we get done with providing quality control for Keystone we will enjoy it even more.

Happy Camper Bobby
10-08-2019, 10:31 AM
Welcome from the Oregon coast!