PDA

View Full Version : Slide out problem

RonPar
09-25-2019, 03:00 PM
My slide is stuck. Will not close on one end (the non motor end, living room slide). Made clicking noise sliding in and then stopped on the non-motorized end. The shaft from the motorized end to the front end is frozen. Any ideas???

ctbruce
09-25-2019, 03:09 PM
Is your battery fully charged and hooked up?

bobbecky
09-25-2019, 08:36 PM
You might check the gear packs on both ends of the shaft. When we pulled our rig into the FIL's property several months ago, our left rear slide would not go out, and made a lot of unusual noise. Found one of the gear packs had at least four teeth broken, apparently due to the rig dragging slightly on one rear corner. I was able to purchase new gear packs from Lippert and have replaced the broken gear pack. Depending on the age of your rig, the gear could be either and 18 tooth gear or 15 tooth gear, but the gear pack will only come with a 15 tooth gear and you need to purchase the 18 tooth gear if that is what you need.

RonPar
09-26-2019, 05:07 AM
I wanted to see what the gear looked like and that is a great picture. My slide made a strange noise and seems to be jumping while sliding in. I suspected something on the order of what you have described. I will check this AM

Thank you so much!

RonPar
09-26-2019, 11:18 AM
Crawled under the RV to check the gears and discovered the bolt through the non-motorized end had been sheared off therefore the shaft would not turn and the front end of the slide would not move. Replaced the bolt and the slide works perfectly. Thank you so much for your help. I never would have found it without your suggestion.