PDA

View Full Version : Helper springs on camper

JohnMpcny
09-24-2019, 05:40 AM
anyone try this? I have 2012 29ft Springdale.

Love the sumosprings on my Silverado and was suggested this will make big improvements on bounce and wear and tear on the camper. For about $460 + install dont want to waste money

https://www.supersprings.com/shop/tss-106-40/

JRTJH
09-24-2019, 07:25 AM
The Springdale line is "built with pride" but also with "minimum sized equipment"... To me, that means that the axle/spring assemblies are not "oversized" but "barely sized" to do the job. I'd question whether adding "a stronger link" to any part of the suspension would only move the "weakest link" to some other component.

If a better ride is what you're looking for, I'd install a good "shock kit" before I'd install "air springs" on a trailer axle.

Ken / Claudia
09-25-2019, 07:24 AM
Springs, spring the suspension. Shocks control the bounce of the springs. If bounce is what you want to help with shocks is the answer. Now the big question is are the springs enough or worn out? If springs are doing what there made to do. Than Shocks will help, another question, what type and size is needed? There is no manual at the store go and look up the right size.