PDA

View Full Version : Bike racks

Kaptn Krabby
09-19-2019, 08:35 AM
First, I want to say thanks for the helpful tips and advice I have gotten to my numerous questions on this forum.

We purchased a 2019 Outback 260uml this past spring. At the time of this posting, we are on our third trip. Every time we go out we find things we need or want for the rig. I'd like to bring a pair of bikes. Besides putting them in the back of the truck, it looks like my options are the back bumper or the front A frame. The bumper does look sturdy enough. I'm also concerned about messing up my warranty.
Any tips or advise is appreciated!

Canonman
09-19-2019, 10:25 AM
Back bumper is not really a bumper. At best, it's "stinky slinky" storage and maybe a spare tire carrier.
Do yourself a favor and have a 2" receiver installed on the trailer frame. Then buy a reliable i.e. good bike rack designed to mount to the receiver. This will allow you to safely carry the bikes while towing plus move the rack to the truck if you need to take the bikes to a trail head or someplace other than the campground to ride.

GMcKenzie
09-19-2019, 01:07 PM
I like mine on the A-Frame. They get a git buggy, but they get dirty on the back as well. I can keep an eye on them and know they aren't falling off.

I built my own frame but there are several commercial ones.