PDA

View Full Version : Dinette cushion cleaning

Ronken
09-18-2019, 08:42 AM
I am curious if anyone can answer how to clean my Keystone Dinette cushions. There are no instructions on the tags. They zip off. Can I clean them in the washing machine, dry clean or upholstery cleaner? Please help, spilled coffee on them. Thanks!

5J's
09-28-2019, 05:11 AM
Seems like I've seen a post about this topic recently. Did you try the forum search function?

Ronken
09-29-2019, 07:56 AM
Yes I did. Could not find anything.

chuckster57
09-29-2019, 08:05 AM
What type of fabric are they?

BTW Welcome to the forum :wlcm:

JRTJH
09-29-2019, 10:07 AM
It seems "darn dumb" to me that Keystone would use "dry clean only" fabrics in a trailer used for outdoor enjoyment, but it is, what it is...

Most of the drapery and bedspreads used are "dry clean only". I'd suspect that most of the upholstery is also limited to that kind of cleaning process.

When in doubt, it's usually a good idea to at least check with the manufacturer. Here's what's in the Keystone Owner's Manual: (page 83)

Do not laundry upholstery fabrics. Blot up stains promptly and use an upholstery cleaner or mild solvent, depending on the stain. Never soak the fabric and use as little water as possible. Blot rather than rub. Towel dry or have professionally cleaned. Upholstery can be vacuumed regularly using a soft brush attachment. Do not remove law tags from furniture, they are use to identify the products for part replacements. Whether a warranty or non-warranty repair, this material can be easily repaired utilizing a local company specializing in restoration (vinyl, rubber, leather, fabric, plastic repair of furniture, car seats, fabrics, dashboards, etc).