PDA

View Full Version : Ducted A/C register upgrade

UB1
09-17-2019, 06:37 PM
We wanted to be able to close off some of the registers to increase airflow to others.After much research I found these from JR Products #ACG25DPW-A on Amazon.After popping off the covers, the new ones slipped inside the originals with no modification.I used a couple of screws to secure them, snapped the new covers on and now i have adjustable louvered vents that actually rotate (the old ones I could only rotate two of them).

Canonman
09-17-2019, 07:15 PM
We also upgraded with the same louvered vents for the same reason. Closing off the vents in the living area to force more cold air into the bedroom during hot evenings.
An easy upgrade that works well. Also closed off the unused portion of ductwork beyond the last vent to minimize cold air loss in the attic.

WNY Bullet
09-17-2019, 07:52 PM
We also installed them too! Very easy mod to do since they just snap into the existing ceiling rings.

Like Canonman suggested, look up into the ductwork and close off the end runs that continue past the last vent. It's another easy mod with great results.

UB1
09-18-2019, 09:52 AM
What did you guys use to block off the ductwork?I tried using foil tape but couldn't get a good seal so I removed it

Canonman
09-18-2019, 10:47 AM
I used a pool noodle cut to the width of the duct. I wrapped it in the foil tape and stuffed it in behind the register.

UB1
09-18-2019, 03:51 PM
That's great thinking,thanks.I happen to have one in the garage.