PDA

View Full Version : Fuse Box Cooling?

Bama Hammer
09-16-2019, 06:22 PM
Hey y’all, I have been noticing what sounds like a cooling fan noise coming from just below the fuse box. The fan sounds like it is struggling and the fuse box is warm to the touch. Fan struggles even harder when I turn on the electric water heater.

Has anyone seen these go out and are they hard to replace?

Passport 2400BH 2017 model

chuckster57
09-16-2019, 06:44 PM
The sound your hearing is the cooling fan for the converter. As more load is placed on it, the fan runs faster to cool it off. It’s normal and unless it’s making a loud squealing noise I would leave it alone.

flybouy
09-17-2019, 06:02 AM
Hey y’all, I have been noticing what sounds like a cooling fan noise coming from just below the fuse box. The fan sounds like it is struggling and the fuse box is warm to the touch. Fan struggles even harder when I turn on the electric water heater.

Has anyone seen these go out and are they hard to replace?

Passport 2400BH 2017 model
Have you checked the battery lately? If the fan is running more often it could be your battery is dead and overworking the converter. If your battery electrolyte has boiled out, or the battery has been allowed to discharge >50% then it's a goner. Any auto parts store will load test the battery for free.