PDA

View Full Version : Help! - do we have aliens in our wallpaper?

Wayshe
09-15-2019, 02:07 PM
Okay we have the creepies just looking at these pictures again! Has anyone ever seen anything like this?

Not sure if we should burst the bubbles. Each one seems to have a head like a pimple. UGH!

Wayshe :hide:

ctbruce
09-15-2019, 02:33 PM
Where on your trailer is this? What kind of storage?

Wayshe
09-15-2019, 04:50 PM
Hi ctbruce.

This is inside the trailer. By the back end and runs alongside the window. But it is approximately 4 inches away from the window frame.

sourdough
09-15-2019, 05:03 PM
Water condensation that has compromised the wall material close to the windows?

LHaven
09-15-2019, 05:36 PM
If it was me, I'd burst one and see if it contained fluid or crystals. Might be incompletely "slaked" wallpaper paste or something similar.

JRTJH
09-16-2019, 07:16 AM
With no knowledge of where you're located and with no information on how old or what brand trailer you own, it could be anything from termites to a rough cut luan sheet that is absorbing moisture.

Termites: Probably not if you're located in the north
Luan: Probably not if you're located in the desert.

Steveo57
09-16-2019, 08:25 AM
It's from water intrusion, you've got a leak!

Wayshe
09-17-2019, 04:52 PM
We are thinking that too. And I am hoping that! But the head of each lump is very defined like a pimple head.
Thank you for taking time to help me :)

Wayshe
09-17-2019, 04:55 PM
With no knowledge of where you're located and with no information on how old or what brand trailer you own, it could be anything from termites to a rough cut luan sheet that is absorbing moisture.

Termites: Probably not if you're located in the north
Luan: Probably not if you're located in the desert.
Hi John. We are in Northern Ontario at Batchewana Bay. Trailer is a 2010 Keystone Outback. :)

KSH
09-17-2019, 05:15 PM
Did you pop one yet?

Gegrad
09-17-2019, 05:21 PM
Pop one or two very gently with a little razor blade or something. If it is water you will know what you have to do. If not, that way you can push the paper back down to cover the small cut.

shermris
09-17-2019, 06:08 PM
This could be a moisture related problem, but it could also be that the area had saw dust or some other material on it when the wallpaper was put on. When did you first notice this issue? If the area was not affected in the past it's likely due to moisture getting under or moisture building up on the outside of the wallpaper.

TylerP
09-22-2019, 07:57 AM
Okay we have the creepies just looking at these pictures again! Has anyone ever seen anything like this?

Not sure if we should burst the bubbles. Each one seems to have a head like a pimple. UGH!

My sons rv is doing the same thing under the window in bedroom

Local150
09-22-2019, 12:22 PM
Looks like water leak to me

Dave1970
09-23-2019, 01:44 PM
We have the same thing in our hideout. We were told it was the wallpaper/paneling. Not a moisture/leak issue. Came from factory this way.

Steveo57
09-23-2019, 01:49 PM
We have the same thing in our hideout. We were told it was the wallpaper/paneling. Not a moisture/leak issue. Came from factory this way.

So it came from the factory with a leak? 😁

flybouy
09-24-2019, 04:00 AM

Let me guess, the dealer told you that? If it's not a leak and it came from the factory that way doesn't justify it being that way. If this were true, then the factory is either using a defective product or installing it improperly. In either case the factory needs to rectify it in my opinion. If I were buying it I would make them correct it during the PDI before I'd accept delivery/payment. If you bought a new truck and the dashboard was full of bubbles would you take that as "normal"?

ljp
04-29-2020, 10:32 PM

We had the same problem you describe. I removed the wallpaper and immediately noted a large (dry) stain on the luan starting on the top of the wall and widening as it extended downward. There were many small black semi-hard growths on the luan that appeared to be the cause of the wallpaper "pimples." I used a putty knife to scrape these off the luan.

Checking the outside top edge of the trailer in the area where it appeared the interior stain began, I discovered a screw placed to hold the drip tray above the awning detached, was rusted and partially resting in the drip tray. This detached screw left a partial opening where I believe water had entered and made its way onto the inside wall.

I have no idea what caused the "pimples" to grow between the luan and the wallpaper or if it was even related to the water. I'm guessing this was water related as there are no similar problems with any other wallpaper.

I put a silicone fix over the hole in the drip tray and this has kept the water out.

Have you learned the cause of these "pimples?"

rjsurfer
04-30-2020, 01:40 AM
So it came from the factory with a leak? 😁

Don't you just love the dealers, did they say that with a straight face?

Ron

chunker
04-30-2020, 03:40 AM
We had the same problem you describe. I removed the wallpaper and immediately noted a large (dry) stain on the luan starting on the top of the wall and widening as it extended downward. There were many small black semi-hard growths on the luan that appeared to be the cause of the wallpaper "pimples." I used a putty knife to scrape these off the luan.

Checking the outside top edge of the trailer in the area where it appeared the interior stain began, I discovered a screw placed to hold the drip tray above the awning detached, was rusted and partially resting in the drip tray. This detached screw left a partial opening where I believe water had entered and made its way onto the inside wall.

I have no idea what caused the "pimples" to grow between the luan and the wallpaper or if it was even related to the water. I'm guessing this was water related as there are no similar problems with any other wallpaper.

I put a silicone fix over the hole in the drip tray and this has kept the water out.

Have you learned the cause of these "pimples?"

Sounds like black mold to me which can be dangerous. If the area is still open I'd suggest spraying with an appropriate bleach solution to kill the mold.