PDA

View Full Version : Fresh water drain.

Kaptn Krabby
09-13-2019, 06:12 PM
I have a outback 260uml and the only drain for the fresh water tank is a small hose with a valve. Am I missing something....it takes forever to drain!

Canonman
09-13-2019, 06:23 PM
Same on our Cougar. A real PITA!

chuckster57
09-13-2019, 06:25 PM
Probably not. 1/2” pex does take forever. If your in a hurry, turn on the water pump, open the gray tank valve and turn on a faucet or 2. It will force the water pump to run and help empty the tank. Don’t let the water pump run when the tank is empty.

flybouy
09-13-2019, 06:26 PM
You could run the outside shower to speed things up.

sourdough
09-13-2019, 08:18 PM
It does take forever but I know it so plan accordingly.:)

JRTJH
09-14-2019, 07:21 AM
I park the Cougar on a gravel pad next to my garage. I have a 1/2" PEX drain line on the FW tank. It allows me to drain the tank without washing the gravel under the drain down the slope and into the street. If I had a 1.5" "rapid drain" I'd be forever raking gravel back up the slope under the trailer.

There's two sides to every consideration, but for me, adaptability (like sourdough stated) almost always can turn an annoyance into a livable solution.

Those old enough will get this: Alfred E Newman, "What, me worry?"

flybouy
09-14-2019, 07:38 AM
It does take forever but I know it so plan accordingly.:)

Depending on the outside temp and how full the FW tank is will alter your plans i.e. one can or two of your favorite beverage while waiting. If you're looking to drain before hitting the road then just open the drain and drive it won't hurt anything.

travelin texans
09-14-2019, 07:55 AM
The dealer added water to mine at the PDI, I never added anymore, we didn't boondock with the last RV, I opened the 1/2" drain when we pulled out of the lot & for months later if we parked at different angles still had water running out.
This is just a reminder that you will never drain all the water out so leave the drain open all winter, there won't be enough in the tank to harm anything when it freezes but could freeze/bust the valve if closed.