PDA

View Full Version : Why do they do it?

77cruiser
09-13-2019, 11:31 AM
I've seen worse the more I look around.

LHaven
09-13-2019, 11:45 AM
What's the gripe here? Waste ports way under slideouts?

(Those are practically becoming a standard feature, unfortunately.)

JRTJH
09-13-2019, 12:31 PM
Maybe it's the way I'm looking at the photo, but it looks like the slide is extended and it "appears" (but only because of the angle) that the sewer connection is "under the slide". Chances are that it's actually like mine, just forward of the slide. If I took a photo from that angle, I'd suspect it would appear to be under the slide....

What's more "troublesome" for me is the front landing gear is on 6x6 blocks and all it would take is to bump the pin with the hitch to cause it to "all come tumbling down" and crush the truck bed. Really, even a good wind to push the front of the trailer sideways a couple inches might well cause a "helluva bump in the night".....

tech740
09-13-2019, 12:39 PM
The more cribbing they use the less sway in the landing gear. That one could use a wider base for sure.

flybouy
09-13-2019, 12:40 PM
I'm with John on the landing gear. looks like they used the kid's Jenga blocks under there.

travelin texans
09-13-2019, 01:06 PM
The blocking was what I thought the gripe was, asking why they'd use such small blocks!! I guess it was the poorly placed sewer connection??
Actually there wasn't much forthought by the manufacturer or the owner on either...

Pull Toy
09-13-2019, 01:50 PM
I agree on the cribbing issue, curious if they were chocked, but at least they have a safe zone between their WHITE WATER, and their BLACK WATER.

I've actually seen rigs where they braid their a/c power cord, white hose, cable co-ax and black dump hose. It looks real neat and clever, but scares the H*ll out of me. Talk about a CLOROX moment!!!

Good Luck,

77cruiser
09-13-2019, 02:47 PM
I saw one couple days ago 3, 4 x 4 stacked under the scissors jack stabilizer just didn't want to screw it down I guess.

Canonman
09-13-2019, 05:13 PM
Looks to me like they didn't want to violate the plumbers first rule. The unit is raised enough to allow for a proper drain to the sewer connection.