PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Keystone Residence

Forest
09-10-2019, 03:05 AM
Need some help here. Just bought a used Residence FDEN, and the peak of living room seems to be sagging. You can push it up about 3/4 on an inch. I can see a sliver of light between the gasket and frame when looking down from the top. Also the outside rubber flange at top of peak does not touch the top of the slide out like it does farther down the roof. A RV service guy told me a friend , took off the trim an screwed in a lag bolt up thru the ceiling. Is there a better option? Anyone else have this problem?

JRTJH
09-10-2019, 04:45 AM
I think you're asking about the peak of the slide roof? If so, I'd first look for any damage to the structure before "patching a leak" with screws or lag bolts. If you use fasteners to hold the slide to the main structure and the trailer twists on the chassis supporting blocks or if wind pushes or twists the structure (think hurricane force wind/rain) you could further the damage and/or cause damage to the main coach as well as to the slide.

I'd do some serious investigation and find the cause before using a "Band-Aid" fix.

Forest
09-10-2019, 03:24 PM
Don't really have a leak, just don't like the gasket not sealing at top of peak. Keystone was worthless as far as helping. Call your dealer, they said. I stuck a piece of backer rod into the space between inside gasket and outside. Just to keep a.c. Inside.