PDA

View Full Version : What did I do?

ADQ K9
09-06-2019, 09:14 AM
Black helicopters flying around my house on my birthday? Don't feel safe to go out and pick apples today.

Tbos
09-06-2019, 01:02 PM
Probably not you. It’s someone else hiding in your area.

ctbruce
09-06-2019, 01:25 PM
Those are pinatas. Send up your drone and see what happens.

And Happy birthday to you!

ADQ K9
09-06-2019, 01:56 PM
Well I do live close to an airport and a lake with float planes but first I heard them and then looked out the window. Kind of strange since the Alaska Air Guard wing that used to reside on the south side of the airport moved across town to JBER ( Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson) almost 10 years ago.
So Chip I think it is like a drone no fly zone where I live

wiredgeorge
09-06-2019, 02:12 PM
I didn't know that in most cases, it is illegal to shoot down drones flying over your property in Texas! They have to be very low and ruining your enjoyment of your property or such (this is actually what some Texas law says). If they are high up and you shoot one down, it is some sort of crime. They caution you to take care shooting at them as they have cameras and you may be recorded. Does anyone get tons of spam email soliciting the purchase of a drone? I get tons and can't imagine why I would want one.

Laredo Tugger
09-06-2019, 02:46 PM
Fight fire with fire George. By a cheap drone without a camera and go after the intruding drone. It would be worth it to take out a $700 drone with a $35 dollar toy. They don't fly well when they tangle up.
RMc

ADQ K9
09-07-2019, 01:02 PM
A collegue of mine has a high dollar DJM? drone but does not really fly it up here due to its internal GPS locating. I guess it has problems finding satellites.
Finally raining here today, we have had a really dry summer. No black helicopters but not weather for picking apples either.

ctbruce
09-12-2019, 06:03 PM
Well I do live close to an airport and a lake with float planes but first I heard them and then looked out the window. Kind of strange since the Alaska Air Guard wing that used to reside on the south side of the airport moved across town to JBER ( Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson) almost 10 years ago.

So Chip I think it is like a drone no fly zone where I liveSeemed like everywhere we went on our Alaska Cruise was a no drone zone.

larryflew
09-13-2019, 06:36 AM
I didn't know that in most cases, it is illegal to shoot down drones flying over your property in Texas! They have to be very low and ruining your enjoyment of your property or such (this is actually what some Texas law says). If they are high up and you shoot one down, it is some sort of crime. They caution you to take care shooting at them as they have cameras and you may be recorded. Does anyone get tons of spam email soliciting the purchase of a drone? I get tons and can't imagine why I would want one.

Texas is one of the few places where your drone cannot have a camera mounted. Odd ball court case a few years ago and of course the gov went overboard on protecting privacy by banning cameras on drones. As a registered drone pilot I get all those goofy laws as they come out. The only other areas banning cameras are all city ordinances in CA.