PDA

View Full Version : Newbie w/ questions!!!!

Kevbot
09-04-2019, 10:52 AM
New to the forums, trying to find out if there is somewhere to find the dimensions of the door on my trailer. We have a 2005 Keystone Cougar M301BHS that I am wanting to change the steps on. We keep the trailer at the lake about 2 hours away from home so I can't measure it right now, but want to order new steps to replace next time we go. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

FlyingAroundRV
09-04-2019, 12:08 PM
Most of the trailers I've seen have a standard size door...with the emphasis on "most". We were at a park the other week and the trailer next to us seemed to have a narrower entry door. Also, it is about the only trailer I've seen that didn't have windows in the doors. I don't know if this was a custom build, but it also had only one tall thin window on the passenger side of the whole trailer.

The door on my trailer is 25-1/2" wide in the jamb. There is a small lip inside that, that the screen shuts to. That is about 1/4" wide, so narrows the doorway by about 1/2".

chuckster57
09-04-2019, 12:12 PM
When you order/purchase steps, if your getting “solid” steps that mount inside and fold out you need to know the width jamb to jamb. If your getting steps that mount below then you need to know that width.

Kevbot
09-04-2019, 06:50 PM
When you order/purchase steps, if your getting “solid” steps that mount inside and fold out you need to know the width jamb to jamb. If your getting steps that mount below then you need to know that width.

Gotcha, I understood that post already, IV was just curious if there was somewhere or there in the web that night possibly have that kinda spec, w/o me just having to drive the 2 hours away for measurement. I wanted to try to get the new ones ordered/received before I went back to the lake