PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using the GEN -Y king pin box?

texas-traveler
09-03-2019, 12:47 PM
Having issues with hard bounce/jolt with present kingpin box with roto flex adapter. has anyone tried the gen-y king pin box or the air safe king pin box? Have considered the trail aire and airborne setups. any pros or con on either?

notanlines
09-03-2019, 01:10 PM
James, I'm not certain that you have a heavy enough RV to have to worry with a high-dollar pin box. Any chance you've looked into a MorRyde for about half the money?

texas-traveler
09-03-2019, 01:45 PM
Have scratched my head on a way to help prevent hard bottoming of the rig. Present setup is a 2010, 3500 dodge diesel dually 4X4 crew cab with a C&M flatbed and b&w turnover ball companion hitch. Installed air lift bags to level out tv and rv. and help from bottoming out springs. air bag pressure around 35psi. The rig is a 2018 avalanche 320rs Rv with a factory installed trail saver roto-flex pin box (similar to the morRyde unit) the 320rs has pin weight of 2200lbs and rig weight approx. 13K dry.
The trailsaver w/ rotoflex does great for chucking but does not compensate for the rough road bounce. the excess pin weight is having a detrimental affect on the bedroom area knocking trim pieces off. knocking the slider doors off

travelin texans
09-03-2019, 03:20 PM
Never seen or heard of the hitches you've asked about. The newest Trail Air hitch is the Flex Air that combines the Roto Flex pin with air bag/shock hitch. I know of folks have it & are happy with it.
https://www.campingworld.com/flex-air-5th-wheel-pin-box-m15-with-medium-tow-18k-85521.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwnrjrBRAMEiwAXsCc44s5bN2St YU0mTuTmWuGYSMd3wdbmQ-_xmPc_V3vQQjAZK3zlnbIVhoCFIoQAvD_BwE

Tbos
09-04-2019, 08:20 AM
In the meantime while determining what to buy, consider cutting donuts/slices of a pool noodle and try putting them under the sliding doors if possible. Let us know what you decide and post pictures.

texas-traveler
09-04-2019, 08:45 AM
Noodle idea is a good idea as a temp. solution. Here is a link to the pinbox I am considering.
https://genyhitch.com/product/executive-fifth-wheel-king-pin-box-torsion-flex/
Have looked at the trailaire flex and 5th airborne along with the air safe king pin . Wanting to get away from the airbag issues

texas-traveler
09-04-2019, 08:47 AM
Hooking up today for a short trip. will post pictures of present configuration of tv and rv later.