PDA

View Full Version : Release valve

Skewt
09-03-2019, 09:36 AM
How do I replace my grey tank release valve on 2011 passport ultra lite 280bh.

Roscommon48
09-03-2019, 11:56 AM
I assume you are talking about a Valterra valve.

'https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Sewer/Valterra/T1001B.html?feed=npn&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4KH-jbe15AIV5ZJbCh1JTgjFEAQYAiABEgLtNvD_BwE'

Just drain tank and go at it....take it apart and replace or oil the heck out of it. And yes, you may have to cut/or take off the basement cover on the bottom.

Skewt
09-03-2019, 12:37 PM
I have taken the bolts out and it will not budge from between the pipes on both sides

Customer1
09-03-2019, 04:12 PM
I have taken the bolts out and it will not budge from between the pipes on both sides

You need to pry/push/pull the flanges apart. Tension on the pipes is holding it together.

chuckster57
09-03-2019, 06:36 PM
You need to pry/push/pull the flanges apart. Tension on the pipes is holding it together.

I’ve seen them where it takes two people. When you put it back together, put the seals on the flanges, and keep the blade in the closed position. Once in, rotate it and if it moves smoothly the seals are probably seated correctly. At that point finger tighten 2 opposing screws and then operate the valve. If it’s smooth then put the other 2 in and tighten.

When the assembly is that tight, it’s a real PITA to get it back together without “rolling” one or both seals. BTDT too many times to count.