PDA

View Full Version : Adding bolted lock to Hideout 175LHS Storage Door

yanksdallas
08-26-2019, 06:04 AM
Has anyone added a bolt lock or regular RV door bolt lock to the rear left Storage door? Just like the one on the clipper 17bh. Thanks

travelin texans
08-26-2019, 08:17 AM
Has anyone added a bolt lock or regular RV door bolt lock to the rear left Storage door? Just like the one on the clipper 17bh. Thanks

Curious! Does it not have a lock in it now?
From my experience the storage doors, or the main door either, would be easier to punch through it than to worry about the locks. The locks only keep the honest out, if others want in your RV it would only take about 10 seconds to be inside any door or compartment.
To answer your ?, haven't done this mod, but all things are possible.

yanksdallas
08-26-2019, 08:21 AM
Curious! Does it not have a lock in it now?
From my experience the storage doors, or the main door either, would be easier to punch through it than to worry about the locks. The locks only keep the honest out, if others want in your RV it would only take about 10 seconds to be inside.
To answer your, haven't done this mod, but all things are possible.

It does have locks. I replaced the regular ch751 tumbler with a tubular cam lock, like you said, to keep honest people out. But I would like a stronger handle on it like the main door one which the clipper and the wolf pup both have on their storage door which leads into the main cabin. It's just to have more secure and stronger fit. And yea, it' won't keep out a thief that really wants in but i keep it at my house under camera supervision, this is mainly for when at campsites.

kneeslider
04-27-2021, 04:15 PM
Installed barrel locks on my forward storage hatches & swapped one of the old locks for the bottom "twist" latch on the bunk side so I now have locks on all hatches.