PDA

View Full Version : Lubricating cable slides on a Impact Toy Hauler

Theoldroaddog
08-25-2019, 01:24 PM
The last time I used my 2016 Impact 361 toy hauler I noticed that the living room slide and the kitchen slide would jerk and have a slight bounce when moving the slides in and out. I checked the cables and each one has just about an inch of play when measured at the center of the cable. I lubricate the seals regularly. My question is how do you lubricate the rub bar at the bottom of the slide out? I have slide out lube from 3 and 1 as well as other silicone based products.

TIA

Jay Keeran

K_N_L
08-25-2019, 02:35 PM
I never had a issue with my slides until I lube'ed them with the 'Rv slide lube' from the local 'mart, then it jerked and bounced on the way in and out. I ended up having to thoroughly clean the underside of the slide out with a de-greaser and then applied ZEP 45 as it ran in and out a few times to get the bar coated. Since then no more bouncing. ZEP 45 seems to be the real deal on both lube and quieting down squeaks.

Theoldroaddog
08-25-2019, 02:43 PM
Thanks. I will look for it.

Theoldroaddog
08-25-2019, 02:52 PM
K_N_L:

Do you spray the ZEP45 on the entire bottom of the slide out or just on the run bar?

Wxman
08-25-2019, 03:40 PM
I seem to have the best luck on my cable slide with the 'sock of baby powder'. I run the slide out and then treat the seals and the entire underneath darco material stuff with the baby powder. This is after I treat the seals with the 'seal preserver' spray.

Brentw
08-25-2019, 06:45 PM
Had the same issue, thought it was cable adjustment required. My rub bar apparently was worn out, on a lightly used 2015. I did not get to see the old one, dealer replaced and added 4 rollers to the slide. Said they are running into a number of these.
I had not been spraying any lube into the rub bar area, just the seals.

rich_d
09-09-2019, 12:26 PM
Search YouTube for RV Slide Roller, there is a great video of a guy that installed rollers in his.

Racebug
09-10-2019, 04:46 AM
I did the roller swap and love it. should have done it years ago.

RaptorJB
09-10-2019, 05:44 AM
I agree, should have done it sooner! After the roller install I did notice light from the inside underneath the slide showing since the rollers raised the slides about 1/8 of an inch. So installed a flap from Amazon called "RecPro RV Trailer Slide Out 3 inch Wiper Seal with 3M Tape | 10' - 40' Kit (25 ft)" Used small screws to attach about 8 inches apart. So far so good!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MC4R2Q2/?coliid=I2AN974V5S9LV0&colid=1XQUONHK2SY9C&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it