PDA

View Full Version : no water pressure

saleen89ca
08-24-2019, 02:31 PM
Just replaced my pumps upper housing and know I get no water pressure at all please help. Oh and I'm hooked up to city water, not the water tank

wobly
08-24-2019, 05:17 PM
If you are on city water, how are you testing your pump? I'd recommend putting some water in your fresh tank, priming the system to get the air out and testing it that way.

chuckster57
08-24-2019, 05:43 PM
Just replaced my pumps upper housing and know I get no water pressure at all please help. Oh and I'm hooked up to city water, not the water tank

If your hooked up to city water, then you should have water pressure inside the unit. The city water joins the fresh water system AFTER the water pump. Your water pump isn’t needed when using city water.

As stated above, the way to test the pump is to put water in the freshwater tank, and then turn the pump on.

bobbecky
08-24-2019, 05:46 PM
If you are hooked up to city water and are not getting water into the rig, maybe the water inlet check valve is stuck closed, not allowing water to flow.

saleen89ca
08-24-2019, 07:53 PM
how do I fix that

JRTJH
08-24-2019, 08:06 PM
how do I fix that

FIRST thing to do is unhook the hose from the trailer and see if there's water flowing through the hose. If so, reconnect it and see if you have water pressure when you turn on the hose. If you do, great, if you don't, then you'll need a new city water connection.

You haven't identified what kind of trailer you have so it's anybody's guess what kind of city water connection you have. If it's a simple "sidewall mounted inlet" they are available at any RV parts store and easy to change. If you have a "convenience center, then there are several different types of city water connections and I've got no idea which one you might have (if you even have that kind of connection)

You might want to update your profile to include the brand of trailer, model number and year. It would help members focus on the type of equipment you have.

saleen89ca
08-24-2019, 09:47 PM
2012 , 312bh. I had a small leak from the water pump I changed the the part and know it is bypassing the the Taps and filling my reservoir instead

JRTJH
08-24-2019, 11:43 PM
Then you either put the pump head together wrong or it was defective. There is a check valve built into the water pump to prevent city water from flowing through the pump and into the fresh water tank. If you're sure it's flowing through the pump head, then that's "one problem"... but you should still have some water pressure at the faucets in the trailer even with a small backflow through the pump head into the FWT.