PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Cougar Hot Water Breaker Trip

jimeyster
08-22-2019, 08:10 AM
The 15amp breaker labelled 'hot water' on my 2008 keystone cougar trips as soon and the camper is hooked up to AC power. I have hot water via LP, but don't really understand what this breaker controls and why it trips. Just for kicks I replace the breaker with no change. As long as AC power is connected the breaker will not reset. Any suggestions?

travelin texans
08-22-2019, 08:28 AM
The 15amp breaker labelled 'hot water' on my 2008 keystone cougar trips as soon and the camper is hooked up to AC power. I have hot water via LP, but don't really understand what this breaker controls and why it trips. Just for kicks I replace the breaker with no change. As long as AC power is connected the breaker will not reset. Any suggestions?

Check the electric heating element in the water heater, probably corroded off. Turn the "electric" switch for the water off in the cabinet then see if it trips.

jimeyster
08-22-2019, 08:54 AM
Check the electric heating element in the water heater, probably corroded off. Turn the "electric" switch for the water off in the cabinet then see if it trips.

Switching it "off" did the trick. THANKS! (I was too ignorant to know what that switch did.) Now to track down the part.