PDA

View Full Version : inline filters

scoobydoo57
09-17-2011, 10:16 PM
:):)hello, i have a 279fwrlssr 2010 keystone i'am having a prolbem finding the inline water filter if there is one any help out there thanks.

rjsurfer
09-18-2011, 02:13 AM
Are you sure it has one?

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Ron W.

KanTC
09-20-2011, 05:48 AM
Welcome to the forum Scooby.

Your '279fwrlssr' is a Springdale, correct?

I skimmed through the 2010 brochure, but didn't see any reference to an in-line water filter.
http://www.keystonerv.com/media2/documents/SpringdaleWesternBrochureOct09.pdf

Check under the kitchen sink - on our previous RV's that's where the filter was located.

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot :)

JRTJH
09-20-2011, 06:38 AM
Springdale doesn't offer an inline filter. Unless someone installed an "aftermarket" filter, there's not one. Even the "prefilter" or "entry screen" option that Shurflo offers isn't installed on the Springdale models. In fact the water pump is a Flojet and the fresh water supply hose from the tank connects directly to the pump, there's not even an entry screen.

So, unless the dealer or previous owner installed an inline filter, you shouldn't have one to deal with.

SteveC7010
09-20-2011, 07:53 AM
Typical RV installs of water filters generally only end up in a couple of places and they are not terribly different from residential installations.

Permanent whole trailer filters are usually right by the city water hookup, again for ease of access to change the filters. Generally, there is no more than an couple of feet of piping from the city water connection to the filter. Otherwise, it defeats the purpose of a whole house filter by letting potentially unsavory water get into the TT's piping.

If it is just a drinking water filter, it will usually be under or very close to the kitchen sink (depending on cabinetry.) There may be a separate faucet just for the filtered water or it may be connected to the cold water side of the regular faucet. If it is a very high end filter, it will restrict flow enough that it won't work very well on the regular faucet thus the separate faucet.

If the trailer doesn't have a filtration system and you want one, consider an external one that can be hung on the water post in a campground and connected inline to your FW hose. That way you protect your hose as well as the TT. If you're dry camping, you can use the filter on your fill hose to put good water into your fresh water holding tank.

I have an external filter that has male garden hose fittings on both sides. i have a little adapter hose about 3' long with 2 females to connect from the faucet to the filter. It uses a standard filter size that is available anywhere, and there is a wide selection from simple sediment filters up to the high end taste, odor, chemical and more filters.

(I've always been a big fan of protecting the hose to the same degree that you protect the trailer for both filtration and pressure reduction. Thus placing the filter and pressure reducer at the water post, not at the TT.)

scoobydoo57
09-21-2011, 02:17 PM
must not be one on here thank's for all the reply's everyone's reply's were great thank you.