PDA

View Full Version : Cable suddenly not working well

FF/PM
08-18-2019, 05:45 PM
Had cable hooked up and working well. Suddenly the picture is very scratchy. Nothing changed, haven't moved trailer between working and not. I took apart the outlet area and found all of the connections loose. I also found the short jumper was not intact. Everything I saw was tightened. Replaced the outside cable too, in case it had been stepped on. Help on troubleshooting is appreciated!

chuckster57
08-18-2019, 05:54 PM
Booster turned OFF?

JRTJH
08-18-2019, 05:55 PM
If it was working and now isn't, I'd first look for mechanical damage. Maybe someone walking behind your trailer tripped over the cable and pulled an end loose within the connector? You are sure that the Winegard booster switch is turned off and you've rescanned the TV with settings on "cable" ???

FF/PM
08-18-2019, 06:35 PM
Yes, booster is off. I looked for damage outside, didn't see any. Replaced the outside cable anyway.

Harleydodge
08-19-2019, 04:20 AM
Are you in a park or at home?

FF/PM
08-19-2019, 07:52 AM
RV Park. Full hookups

Harleydodge
08-19-2019, 08:00 AM
RV Park. Full hookups
The maintenance guys should have a signal meter they can check your pedestal connection with, and, if needed provide a booster at your location or close to it down the line.
It may be that another camper moved in down the line and degraded your signal.

The connections are just daisy-chained down the line, so the more people hooked up and using the signal, the weaker it becomes.
I would start with the pedestal and go from there.
If absolutely nothing else changed with your setup, that's where my money lies.

travelin texans
08-19-2019, 08:41 AM
We found that most park cable systems are like their WiFi, minimal at best. We started just using our antenna & received as many watchable channels with better picture quality than most parks cable service.