PDA

View Full Version : Slide Windows Sticking

Redtruckvc
08-18-2019, 03:42 PM
My 2014 Laredo MK 240 slide has two side windows that refuse to open without a barrage of swear words on my part.
They have two spring loaded thumb releases at the top of the aluminium frame. Working the releases and pulling up with all my might, they open a 1/2 inch then stop. It FEELS like the release mechanism is catching on something but I don't see anything in the track to cause this. I cleaned and sprayed a little silicon in the tracks, but no help.
I asked the mechanic at our dealer, and he just said they were sticky. I have actually succeeded in getting them open twice, not sure what I did differently. Closed them, and same issue next time.
Any ideas as to the cause and or solutions?

JRTJH
08-18-2019, 04:30 PM
Ours were sticky too. I removed the screen so my DW could get her fingers under the window bottom as I squeezed the locking levers and pulled up on the top of the window. Once open, I sprayed silicone in the channels on both sides and along the bottom as well as on the locking levers. They occasionally stick (along the bottom) but a gentle tug usually gets them to start moving.

Cbrez
08-19-2019, 02:07 PM
I put graphite in the thumb tabs to get them operating smoothly. Also sprayed dry lube in the channels. The window is on DW’s side of the bed, so she loves me again - at least for the moment :lol: