PDA

View Full Version : Roof Sealant and Wax Recommendations Please

leathermanls
08-15-2019, 09:35 AM
Can someone recommend a roof sealant and RV Wax for a 36' 5th Wheel please?

gearhead
08-17-2019, 04:43 AM
Look on Dicor website for roof products.
Wax....I would get a "easy on easy off" of some type. Depending on where you're located and where the trailer is stored, you will need to wax it often.

travelin texans
08-17-2019, 09:13 AM
Can someone recommend a roof sealant and RV Wax for a 36' 5th Wheel please?

Dicor roof sealant, self leveling for horizontal surfaces & non for vertical surfaces.
Use any automotive wax/polish you like, Areospace 303 products, Wax N All products. There are countless products out there that are very good. It's totally up to you on how much elbow grease, time or $$ you want to spend, but as mentioned do it at least a couple times a year.

ctbruce
08-17-2019, 02:41 PM
The yellow snot looking Maguirs wash and wax works well and is easy to use. I like easy.

JRTJH
08-17-2019, 03:16 PM
I second Chip's comment about the "yellow snot wax". Just remember, if you use it, wait about a week for the solvents to dry before you wipe Aerospace 303 on the surface, otherwise, it'll react with the solvent and "make a gummy mess". Aerospace 303 is water based and doesn't mix well with the petroleum distillates in the "snotty wax"....

08quadram
08-20-2019, 06:47 PM
I used Nufinish on my passport. No fading and only waxed once a year. Will probably use it on my Bullet.