PDA

View Full Version : LED lighting burning out

Halcyon
08-11-2019, 06:16 PM
I have a 2018 Keystone Sprinter with the LED can lights throughout. I have used the unit for about 12 - 14 weeks in the past year. Three of the can lights have flickered out on three different circuits. One each in the main cabin, bedroom and bathroom. I thought LED lights were supposed to last WAY longer than that. The replacements are $28 each! What do you think is causing this? I had been keeping the unit plugged in to my 50 amp circuit in my garage and someone said that power surges might be the cause. Do I not keep it plugged in?

Jim in Colorado

Steveo57
08-11-2019, 06:57 PM
I have a 2018 Keystone Sprinter with the LED can lights throughout. I have used the unit for about 12 - 14 weeks in the past year. Three of the can lights have flickered out on three different circuits. One each in the main cabin, bedroom and bathroom. I thought LED lights were supposed to last WAY longer than that. The replacements are $28 each! What do you think is causing this? I had been keeping the unit plugged in to my 50 amp circuit in my garage and someone said that power surges might be the cause. Do I not keep it plugged in?

Jim in Colorado

Decent quality LED lights will last a long time! These are keystone quality LED lights....

The lights run off of the 12 volt DC system which is pretty stable.

JRTJH
08-12-2019, 05:47 AM
There are several manufacturers who produce the LED fixtures for the RV industry. A couple of them are extremely responsive to warranty replacement of their LED fixtures. Take one down, get the manufacturer's name, look up their internet website, contact them and report your problems.

We've got one member who did that and if I remember correctly, they sent him replacements for every fixture in his RV. He had a couple of bad ones, now has more than 2 dozen replacements for any others that might fail.....

Contact the light manufacturer, not Keystone for resolution.

Halcyon
08-12-2019, 06:29 AM
The supplier I have gotten the replacements from said the same thing. The replacements have come from Sunlink, but I don’t know if these are the same as the originals. When I search for Sunlink RV lighting, I get nothing except a link to their solar facilities. Has anyone had luck with contacting this company? The lights themselves are, of course, made in China...

JRTJH
08-12-2019, 06:49 AM
Is it possible that you've still got one or two of the OEM fixtures installed? If so, maybe you can pull one of them, get the manufacturer's info from the OEM (not the SunLight replacements) and get a lead to the company that way?

Frank G
08-12-2019, 08:09 AM
The LED's in our unit were made by "Commmand". Due to a electrical storm we lost a number of the 6 LED lights and were replaced with the 9LED's. I ordered them from Trekwood RV Parts, they were shipped from Keystone. The prices were the best I could find on the internet.

The DC power is pulled from the battery with the converter continuously providing regulated DC voltage to the battery. Within the capabilities built into the converter, surges and brownouts will be nullified in the DC side.

Hope this helps.