PDA

View Full Version : Soon to be an owner, I think!

ObiRich
08-08-2019, 07:34 AM
Greetings all! We're hopefully soon to be owners of a new Keystone 5th wheel. We're looking at 2, a Cougar 25RES and a Hideout 262RES. We REALLY like the Cougar, but found a Hideout that appears to be substantially the same, just without the higher end bells and whistles, and it's SIGNIFICANTLY less money. We're going to take a day trip tomorrow to lay eyeballs on the Hideout since it's located a ways away. Wish us luck!

Frank G
08-08-2019, 12:27 PM
We do wish you luck. Only you know your financial condition, stay within your means. Now to the good part, the Cougar line offers a lot of value, they make a lot of them so they have the latest and greatest. It is hard to go wrong with a Cougar. Let me caution you if this is your first venture into a RV purchase. Make sure what you decide on fits your needs, it is financially crazy to correct a bad decision. Lastly, make sure you have enough tow vehicle to support your new RV.

Good Luck

ObiRich
08-08-2019, 12:55 PM
Thanks! Actually we've been into RVs for about 30 years now, mainly truck campers. Like I kind of hinted, the Hideout has about 90% of what we'd want from the Cougar, and it's about $13K less. Just missing the higher end bells and whistles, like the Command Center and the enclosed hookups. However, you're right, I'm much more comfortable with the end deal on the Hideout than I am with the Cougar.

notanlines
08-08-2019, 01:57 PM
I couldn't agree with Frank more. Everything he said makes sense. I also understand why the Cougar kind of slips away. You won't miss the In-Command. Good luck!

Bill2e
08-12-2019, 02:51 PM
Good Luck - But I will say, After camping my first weekend with the incommand I am sold on it.

The auto leveling was so nice.

There are some great deals on leftover 2019's out there right now.

66joej
08-12-2019, 06:03 PM
Good Luck - But I will say, After camping my first weekend with the incommand I am sold on it.

The auto leveling was so nice.

There are some great deals on leftover 2019's out there right now.

Or '18s. We got such a good deal on our '18 27RESWE we felt like going back to the dealership to give them more money (NOT!). But shop around there are deals out there if you have the time and are willing to travel. If you are a bit mechanically inclined the warranty sometimes is a bit redundant barring catasphrophic failures/problems.
3rd Cougar and not disappointed. Good luck. YMMV