PDA

View Full Version : Leaf spring bolt broke...

Pineiro
08-06-2019, 05:06 PM
Coming back home this weekend from a trip, I stopped at a rest area and before getting on the road again i did the usual "visual look around" the trailer when I noticed one of the tires worn off(really bad shape), went under the trailer to inspect better and them I see that one of the bolts that holds the leaf spring was gone. Thank God that I saw before a disaster could have happen.

Got it fix by a great rv shop in Michigan, but he didn't have the replacement Hexagonal metal piece(3rd picture , yellow piece) that the bolt goes thru, i will post some pictures to see what i am talking about...anyways, I hope someone can point me where to get this hexagonal metal piece(3rd picture , yellow piece).

oh, and i will be changing the whole system with the mor/ryde cre3000 and Heavy Duty Shackle kit very soon.

thanks23106

Old Mustanger
08-06-2019, 07:22 PM
Go to the Lippert Components website or App

JRTJH
08-07-2019, 04:07 AM
That yellow piece is a part of the Lippert Correct Track alignment system. Without it, chances are your axles won't be properly aligned and your tires will prematurely wear, probably with abnormal wear patterns.

You should have a axle repair service either completely remove all of the Correct Track components or replace the missing parts as currently you have "part of an alignment system pulling the axle out of position"....

When repairing all the damage, this is an excellent time to install a "wet bolt kit".....

Pineiro
08-07-2019, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the guidance...ordered the parts needed.