PDA

View Full Version : Elliot wins!

66joej
08-04-2019, 02:07 PM
Chase just won Watkins Glen! Hopefully he is past the run of bad luck in the last 5 races.

Cbrez
08-05-2019, 01:24 PM
He dominated the race. Truex Jr pushed him pretty hard down the stretch but he kept his cool and avoided any mistakes. Good race and fun to watch.

travelin texans
08-05-2019, 02:18 PM
I don't get it!
Were they towing Keystone RVs?

Texas Steve
08-05-2019, 02:33 PM
I would pay big money to watch that!!

Cbrez
08-05-2019, 04:49 PM
I don't get it!
Were they towing Keystone RVs?

I watch the races to pick up pointers on how to get down I-81 :lol:

travelin texans
08-05-2019, 08:44 PM
Go drive I-5 around Seattle, it's Nascar with all the bumps & drafting, without ANY yellow flags & pit stops at any given moment right in the middle of the lane.

Msmith2054
08-06-2019, 06:06 AM
I would pay big money to watch that!!
https://youtu.be/VEOApUuQhJg

I take PayPal...............

theboneskes
08-12-2019, 11:43 AM
Whats Nascar?? Didnt that ship sale 10 years ago?

You should be watching/listening to the World of Outlaw Sprint cars... Knoxville Nationals was this past weekend!

66joej
08-12-2019, 01:54 PM
Whats Nascar?? Didnt that ship sale 10 years ago?

You should be watching/listening to the World of Outlaw Sprint cars... Knoxville Nationals was this past weekend!

Yes the World of Outlaws is exciting. When we lived in Surrey BC used to go to Skagit Speedway in NW WA. state whenever they were there. Steve Kinser and Sammy Swindell were among the top drivers back in the 90s.
Still a NASCAR fan from the early 70s. Have been to several races. If one has the opportunity to go to either event you will be hooked. Mind you being a car guy and liking the ground shake at the starting of a race is awesome.

cavediver
08-13-2019, 03:23 AM
NASCAR big time wrestling on wheels.

Rusty
08-14-2019, 09:39 AM
I have only watched a few races in the last couple of years, I used to watch the Daytona 500 religiously but I have re introduced myself to dirt track racing.

In NA$CAR they have fallen into that dreaded "Follow the leader" crap, where I want to spend my dollars is at a local (although local to me is 3 hr one way........I'm one of the track photogs there........) dirt track, a place where they make their own lane instead of sticking to 1 maybe 1 1/2 lanes..............

https://flic.kr/p/2eFyrqY

cavediver
08-14-2019, 10:38 AM
Remember when drivers would get ahead and sometimes lap the field. Then came the yellow flag for debris on the track, the same sandwich wrapper that had been there for 30 laps. Just so Bill France could have competitive racing.

66joej
08-14-2019, 01:36 PM
I have only watched a few races in the last couple of years, I used to watch the Daytona 500 religiously but I have re introduced myself to dirt track racing.

In NA$CAR they have fallen into that dreaded "Follow the leader" crap, where I want to spend my dollars is at a local (although local to me is 3 hr one way........I'm one of the track photogs there........) dirt track, a place where they make their own lane instead of sticking to 1 maybe 1 1/2 lanes..............

https://flic.kr/p/2eFyrqY

Great pictures!

66joej
08-14-2019, 01:39 PM
Remember when drivers would get ahead and sometimes lap the field. Then came the yellow flag for debris on the track, the same sandwich wrapper that had been there for 30 laps. Just so Bill France could have competitive racing.

Much as I like NASCAR I do agree with your statement.

gearhead
08-16-2019, 07:14 AM
I like NASCAR OK, but dirt track is better. I think NASCAR should experiment with heat races like every other track in the U.S. Maybe Martinsville or Richmond. Put 15 cars out for 15-20 laps, another 15 cars for heat #2, etc. no pit stops until the A feature. Unlimited entries as long as you passed tech.
Get out there and RACE.

66joej
08-16-2019, 09:19 AM
I think the Daytona 500 still has some sort of a modified qualifying system. But as you mentioned it should be fewer laps and strictly no pit stops.
Spending the winter in Bullhead City and will be taking in dirt tracks around the area. I think Lake Havasu City has a paved oval.

Miloski
09-30-2019, 12:41 AM
I've drafted a set of double belly dumps on the I-405 S-curves high banks back in the day. Sucked up to the stinger, dropped down to the fast lane and then up and around the other train.

Miloski
09-30-2019, 12:47 AM
How did you like Chases come back win today.

Miloski
09-30-2019, 12:58 AM
If you ever went to a race or drove one you would be hooked.
Got to drive Charlotte and hit 157.64 mph come off turn four wide open and cut the dog leg, that was a thrill!

notanlines
09-30-2019, 02:34 AM
Yes, DW and I joined (by the miracle of television) the 208 people in the stands at the Roval yesterday and watched Chase beat all odds and come back for the win. There was a day when we were really big fans, but now we watch only if there isn't something better to do.

flybouy
09-30-2019, 04:45 AM
I watch the races to pick up pointers on how to get down I-81 :lol:

I would think watching a demolition derby would be more appropriate .:lol:

66joej
09-30-2019, 06:10 AM
Good for Chase! But I do see a growing trend to a lot more empty seats now even though the camera guys are told not to pan on them. Ticket prices are too high.
Another sign of a recession?

notanlines
09-30-2019, 06:39 AM
Actually, Joe, I'll stand up for the track owners for just a minute. (I don't take their side often) Tickets for the Charlotte race were $48 for adults and $10 for kids and that is very, very common throughout NASCAR. I believe the heads in HQ making change after change after change, coupled with the increasing costs of the entire event; parking, concessions, hotel/motel that are driving people away. Just ten years ago the list for season tickets at Bristol was only exceeded in length by season tickets for the Green Bay Packers. Even the Daytona 500 won't sell out.
Redskins fans are staying away in droves and Charger fans are in relatively short supply. College football seems to holding its own, but I believe they also are pushing the limit. And I don't know why the number of members here are so down on the economy, predicting mass hysteria when our trucks/RV's won't sell for a premium. I just haven't seen a sign of it.

66joej
09-30-2019, 07:57 AM
Actually, Joe, I'll stand up for the track owners for just a minute. (I don't take their side often) Tickets for the Charlotte race were $48 for adults and $10 for kids and that is very, very common throughout NASCAR. I believe the heads in HQ making change after change after change, coupled with the increasing costs of the entire event; parking, concessions, hotel/motel that are driving people away. Just ten years ago the list for season tickets at Bristol was only exceeded in length by season tickets for the Green Bay Packers. Even the Daytona 500 won't sell out.
Redskins fans are staying away in droves and Charger fans are in relatively short supply. College football seems to holding its own, but I believe they also are pushing the limit. And I don't know why the number of members here are so down on the economy, predicting mass hysteria when our trucks/RV's won't sell for a premium. I just haven't seen a sign of it.

Good info Jim. I was just going by what some of the so-called experts are saying. Personally everything we have is paid for but I do remember the last recession. In 2010 I bought a foreclosed house in AZ for $70k CDN (our dollar was at par). That house sold new 3 years earlier for $297k US. Don't even go there for RVs. Hopefully what I read is not a harbinger of things to come. Just my observation. I am a half glass full guy.

Miloski
09-30-2019, 06:50 PM
I don't think its as bad as you think and others tell you. If you have been a fan for a while you will recall a large influx of new fans so most tracks increased setting and when the economy down turned took a lot of people out of the market and its is bouncing back. Remember Charlette has the Shot out and 600 that are bigger races and draw more fan that fill those sets.