PDA

View Full Version : Sliding pocket doors

waltheraustin
08-03-2019, 02:51 PM
These doors are a pain. The little clip at the top of the door that attaches to the sliding piece won't stay clipped. Anytime the doors are pulled out, it pops off.

Is there a permanent fix for these?

sourdough
08-03-2019, 03:07 PM
Mine have never failed with the exception of one time and that wasn't the fault of the strap. Are the little metal snaps worn or bent?

Cbrez
08-03-2019, 03:49 PM
We put a wash cloth behind the straps so the doors stays firmly in place and can’t get a “running start” to hit the strap. There is not a lot of space for the door to move when the strap is secured, but there is enough room that we wanted to pin the doors in as well as possible. We have not had any problems with the straps releasing during travel. Give it a try and see if it helps. If not, you may just need to buy some replacement snap straps.

LHaven
08-03-2019, 08:08 PM
The OP's description is too vague. Some of you think he's talking about the travel retaining strap, while I got the impression he was talking about the plastic clamp/disconnect on the hanger wheels. Perhaps a more detailed description or a photo would clear up the confusion.

sourdough
08-03-2019, 08:31 PM
I agree. After re-reading it could be the strap or the hanger/rollers at the top that roll on the upper track; don't know that I can tell. My hangar/rollers broke because they had "plastic/nylon" pieces at the top causing a lot of damage on a trip. Keystone sent me replacements that were all metal and they have been great.

waltheraustin
08-04-2019, 07:08 AM
Sorry, it's the metal clip at the top that clips or hooks to the the metal thing in the guide.

larrygiordano
07-23-2020, 05:44 AM
Finally found a post with the same problem I'm having in my 2017 Springdale. I see its been 2 years , but did you ever solve the problem?

wiredgeorge
07-23-2020, 07:04 AM
Larry, Before asking this type question about an old thread, go to the OP's public profile and in this case note he hasn't been back since August 2019. Best to start a new thread of your own as someone who has a fix may chime in.

larrygiordano
07-23-2020, 10:23 AM
whoops. Thanks for the tip.

chuckster57
07-23-2020, 11:50 AM
The secret is to lift up on the door as you lock the hook. I also use a small screwdriver to make sure it hooks on all the way.

larrygiordano
07-23-2020, 12:14 PM
Thanks. Going to try that this evening.