PDA

View Full Version : Loading/Unloading quads in/out of bumper pull.

rich_d
08-02-2019, 12:23 PM
Taking our new Impact 330 out this weekend for the first time with the quads (Polaris 500 and 400).

Do I need to be hooked to TV while loading/Unloading?

I was hooked up while loading but TH is now off the truck at the lake waiting for us to arrive this evening to get everything unloaded.

JRTJH
08-02-2019, 04:57 PM
Probably not, depending on how you loaded the rest of the trailer. I'd just take it easy with the first loading and if the front looks "shakey" I'd hitch up, however, with a 3000 pound pin weight, chances are a 450 pound ATV won't lift the pin, even if you weigh in as much as the ATV..... :cool:

And, if you weigh that much, let your DW do the loading and you can sit on the end of the bed (up front) to assure the pin stays grounded.....:popcorn:

rich_d
08-08-2019, 12:07 PM
Probably not, depending on how you loaded the rest of the trailer. I'd just take it easy with the first loading and if the front looks "shakey" I'd hitch up, however, with a 3000 pound pin weight, chances are a 450 pound ATV won't lift the pin, even if you weigh in as much as the ATV..... :cool:

And, if you weigh that much, let your DW do the loading and you can sit on the end of the bed (up front) to assure the pin stays grounded.....:popcorn:[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]