PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Reno

Hellbilly13
08-01-2019, 02:06 PM
Just bought a 2018 Montana 3790RD. The wife and I are planning on full-timing with 2 dogs and a conure once the house sells. This is our first time with a camper even close to this big! Every time I get on this forum I read something that makes me add to my shopping list on Amazon.

I wired up a 50A outlet to the side of the garage and we are going to start moving into the trailer this weekend. Thanks to all who have contributed their knowledge on here. It has been a big help already.

Chris P
08-01-2019, 03:42 PM
Welcome from New Jersey

sourdough
08-01-2019, 04:32 PM
Just bought a 2018 Montana 3790RD. The wife and I are planning on full-timing with 2 dogs and a conure once the house sells. This is our first time with a camper even close to this big! Every time I get on this forum I read something that makes me add to my shopping list on Amazon.

I wired up a 50A outlet to the side of the garage and we are going to start moving into the trailer this weekend. Thanks to all who have contributed their knowledge on here. It has been a big help already.

Congrats on the rig. Just a heads up on everything that comes up to buy....it's unending. So, make sure you make provisions to constantly pump money into that new "toy"....it stays hungry!!:lol:

Cbrez
08-02-2019, 05:09 PM
Congrats on the rig. Just a heads up on everything that comes up to buy....it's unending. So, make sure you make provisions to constantly pump money into that new "toy"....it stays hungry!!:lol:

Boat owners say a boat is just a hole in the water in which to pour money. Welcome to your new “land yacht” :lol: Beautiful rig! Congratulations and thanks for joining the forum.

chuckster57
08-02-2019, 05:43 PM
Welcome to the forum!!

Congrats on your new purchase and impending adventure. Lots of good information and loads of great people here. Don’t buy everything just yet, save some money because:

RV stands for Repair Vehicle. LOL

Hellbilly13
10-01-2019, 07:24 AM
Well, I have up upgraded my TV to a Ram 3500 DRW. I should be good to go towing this trailer. Now I just need to get a Class A license. I took the written portion on Friday; just the driving test left.

I had a heck of a time finding info on licensing in Nevada. Even the DMV had no clue what I was trying to do until I got a hold of the right person. I'm guessing most people don't even bother?

travelin texans
10-01-2019, 08:38 AM
Well, I have up upgraded my TV to a Ram 3500 DRW. I should be good to go towing this trailer. Now I just need to get a Class A license. I took the written portion on Friday; just the driving test left.

I had a heck of a time finding info on licensing in Nevada. Even the DMV had no clue what I was trying to do until I got a hold of the right person. I'm guessing most people don't even bother?

Sounds like Nevada's requirements are as vague as Texas! I ask at the DMV in 2 counties along with 3-4 different law enforcement officers & all had a different interpretation of the wording as to whether a class A non commercial license was required for my rig. So I didn't bother getting one or checking into it further, figured if none of them knew for sure I could plead ignorance as well!